The Speech House
The Speech House Hotel in the Royal Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire was built in 1676 as a hunting lodge for Charles II (his arms can still be seen in the stonework above the exit door to the Verderers Court). It was soon recognised as the administrative centre of the Forest of Dean, and the largest room became the Verderers' Court. It became the place one went to talk or to make a Speech - hence the name "Speech House". Quote from The Speech House Hotel website.